Saturday 25 February 2017

Looking after your Lidl'un...

When a huge parcel arrived from Lidl, Honey and Ace were super excited and that was before I even opened the box! 


We were asked to test and review Lidl's range of baby products and I was expecting to receive nappies, wipes and perhaps a snack or two, so I was amazed to see that their range is actually a lot more extensive than that! 



Honey, who is obsessed with eating, was overjoyed to see little snack cucumbers and snack peppers (perfect for lunchboxes) and I was pleased to see mini versions of a range of vegetables, including cauliflower clouds, broccoli trees and sweet potato piggies. We mainly use frozen vegetables but I like Honey to see what things look like when they’re fresh and these are the perfect size so that we wont end up with lots of waste.

Ace made quick work of the Lidl’uns food pouches and rice cakes, with his favourites being the ‘sweet potatoes, pumpkins, blueberries and apples’ and ‘parsnips, carrots and apples’ pouches, they are made from 100% fruit and vegetables and easily compare to more expensive brands. They are brilliant to pop in the changing bag to ensure he has a filling meal when we’re out and about or in a rush at home.  

It seems like Lidl is fast becoming a one stop shop, as we also received products from their Cien Baby Care range (Body wash and aqueous cream) and even some body oil for Mummy, as well as a rather fetching (and tumble dry-able - woo hoo) babygrow! Let's talk about the babygrow for a moment, for those of you who know us, you'll know that they aren't Ace's usual attire and that's partly because he grows out of them feet first after about two weeks! Well, I'm pleased to report that at 11 months, the 6-12 month suit was still very roomy and could easily accommodate a disposable or a cloth nappy. The only thing I would change about the onsie, would be giving it non slip feet as my little man is very active and found walking in it a bit slippy.

We have also been trying the Toujours baby wipes, which come in both full size packs (perfect for the changing station at home) and travel packs (great for keeping in the swimming bag). They are strong, a good size and the packet seals well, keeping the wipes moist unlike some other supermarket brands we have used in the past. Their nappies have also impressed me. I had started using a more expensive brand overnight, but soon stopped when I realized that the Toujours nappies kept Ace dry for 12 hours too, no wonder they’ve won awards!

* I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Panel, a group of parent bloggers who have volunteered to review products, services, events and brands for Mumsnet. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have full editorial control and retain full editorial integrity.

Ace wears... Striped Onsie by Lupilu @ Lidl
Honey wears... Heart sweatshirt by Primark







No comments:

Post a Comment

Been there, done that?

Have you ever seen a photo online, checked the location and thought 'hang on, I've been there but I've never seen THAT!' Rec...