Honey is still at the age where a turn on Mummy's iPad is a real treat. She absolutely loves iPlayer Kids and is a pro at exploring CBeebies Playtime Island, so when KidoLand got in touch to offer her a 6 month subscription, her answer was a resounding (and very polite) WOW, YES PLEASE!
I downloaded the app and sorted out the settings (3-4 age group selected,repetitive background music = OFF) then handed the iPad to Honey. She immediately started to navigate her way around the user friendly interface, exploring different sections and excitedly showing us what she had found. There are countless nursery rhymes and educational songs, games to help little ones practise their colours, shapes, letter formation and more, as well as stories which the children can either read to themselves or hear read aloud by a narrator.
- Age appropriate content for 1-5 years. Content can be narrowed down for younger children.
- Well organised content, making it easy for children to navigate between games, stories and songs independently.
- No ads so I don't hear "please get this off Mummy" every 5 minutes.
- Playlist creator to keep all Honey's favourites together.
- Downloadable content for car journeys, camping trips or other non wifi situations (no wifi, whoooo?)
- The music over the top off the 'read to me' stories is a bit loud. Having said that, this didn't bother Honey.
- This is an American app so some of the vocabulary and the accent used reflects this.
The app itself is free, but you can choose from a menu of subscriptions which gives you access to the full content. Download the app from the Apple, Google or Amazon app stores and get in touch if you'd like Honey to give you a tutorial!
* Although we were kindly gifted a 6 month KidoLand subscription for the purposes of this review, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Honey wears... Flamingo jumpsuit by Next