Monday 14 May 2018

Thank you...

Well what can I say except thank you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who took the time to vote for me in The Cotswold Blogger Awards. I must admit that it felt really strange to be asking for votes, I’m not a competitive person and I wanted everyone to win, so when my name was called out, it was totally surreal! I’m so grateful to everyone who voted whether you read regularly or you’ve never read a word of my blog and just wanted me to stop hassling you for votes, thanks, you rock!

A huge shoutout to the other bloggers who were nominated in the Feelgood category, I love all of these blogs so why not give them a follow yourself:

Mama Bear of One (Winner in the Social Influence category)
Jamie says "I have been fumbling my way through motherhood since 2016 and documenting my journey! I am a hypnobirthing, breastfeeding, PND recovering, endometriosis suffering, rainbow baby, no-judgement mama just trying to keep my sh*t together like the majority of us."

Adam and Sarah say "We're Adam and Sarah, a husband and wife team blogging about our life in and around the Cotswolds, Bristol and South West. You'll often find us ensconced in a delicious foodie hot-spot, or visiting some ofthe most beautiful places around, typically with a gin in hand! We love to share the best of where we live, so if there's somewhere you adore and think we should visit, please let us know."

Honey and Tweed
Jen says "Hi I’m Jennie and I live with my sausage dog Honey in the Cotswolds. I am an Interior designer/decorator and also upcycle furniture."
Natalie says "I am a freelance writer and mum to two girls aged 3 and 5. My husband and I live in rural Worcestershire with the girls and two large dogs. We all love to travel and where possible, the dogs come along too. Our long-term plan is to buy a camper-van and travel around Europe for a year when the girls are a bit older. But for the time being, we love to go on shorter trips both in the UK and abroad. When we’re not on the road, we love exploring our local area and often write about our exciting days out. This can be anything from a winter day running around on the beach to a trip to a theme park, afternoon tea in the Cotswolds or a leisurely walk around our favourite National Trust property. Talking of afternoon tea, we are all foodies, including the children. I am a firm believer in eating with children and allowing them to experience the same culinary delights that we enjoy. At home, we love to bake when we have time and our cooking is generally vegetarian, although the girls and my husband do eat both fish and meat. Please come along and read all about our adventures, we’d love to share them with you."

I'd also like to give a special shoutout to Roanna of Roeco Fashion who deservedly won in the 'Inspirational' category, her blog is fantastic and every post she writes demonstrates just why the panel chose her as the winner. I am lucky enough to work with this lovely lady and witness her inspiring the next generation on a daily basis. Well done lovely and good luck with your next adventure!

Lastly (but by no means least), a huge well done to my fellow school run Mum Abi of The British Maple who was nominated in the Social Influence category. I love her blog, especially the hilarious books she writes and urge you to go and have a read right away!

So now I have my very own star and my prize of a photo shoot with up and coming local photographer Chui King Li to look forward to. 2018 has been a blast so far and I can't wait to see what the next chapter holds, I hope you’ll join us to find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Been there, done that?

Have you ever seen a photo online, checked the location and thought 'hang on, I've been there but I've never seen THAT!' Rec...